As of May the 15th 2017 MeshWarpServer is discontinued and any development has stopped.
If you are looking for the next generation of mapping tools, please visit
MeshWarpServer is a versatile Mapping Tool to create complex Video Projection Installations.
It runs on Windows and Mac OSX operating systems.
It has now an overhauled userinterface and new powerfull functionalities:
- Create your own meshes with your favourite 3d modelling package. Since MeshWarpServer works with meshes that are stored as wavefront-obj files, you can exchange them forth and back between MeshWarpServer and any Modelling Application.
- Play now up to four quicktime movies, four syphon-streams or four capture-streams simultaniously.
- Take advantage of four textures you can define, with control for brightness / saturation / contrast, mask, up to 5 softedges and cropping.
- Use the very powerfull softedge editor that allows you to have full control over the way you want to stitch multiple projectors together to one seamless screen
- Autostart your project for a simplyfied startup procedure in installations.
- Remote control it through OSC for syncing multiple instances on different machines in the same network. (making it easy to hook up with TouchOSC now)
- Stream Videotextures via Syphon from another Video-Software (on OSX)
- Stream Videotextures via Spout from another Video-Software (on Windows)
Comments about Meshwarpserver:
I’m happy just to exist in a world that has “meshwarpservers” / Bruce Sterling on wired.com
MWServer worked perfectly and it was very easy to adapt to new code / Roberto Cabezas